Thursday, July 12, 2012

Lies and half truths.

I am never really sure what to do when I am dealing with someone that is dishonest.

I know when someone is drinking or drugging it is a sure bet that what ever they are saying isn't true.  I can kind of understand how the addition is running the show. You are just an innocent by-stander that is between them and the substance. It isn't personal even when it feels like it.

What if you are dealing with someone that doesn't seem to have addiction problem but regularly lies about things where there doesn't even seem to be reason to lie.

I wonder what would be the point? In my life I have done my share of lying, mostly to myself.  When I was a teenager I lied a lot. These weren't blatant lies most omissions. Where I was or who was there. I like to call that withholding all the facts. Half truths, if there is such a thing.

I am dealing with someone that is doing a lot of lying. I am not even sure they have any idea just how many lies they have told or who they told them to. I can't get away from this person right now. I am not sure what I should do if anything.

I am going to look at them like they do have an addiction. For some reason they think no one knows. This does sound like the addicted. Doesn't it?

I am going to wait and see what happens. This of course sounds like the Al-Anon not wanting to upset the afflicted. Avoid conflict at any cost.  I am just trying not to force a solution.

In the program they say " Don't float their boat or sink their ship." basically let life take it's natural course and it usually does.

No comments:

Post a Comment