Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Getting Started


Waiting for perfection, that is what I have always done. This does nothing but give me time to let doubt seep in and then the inevitable critical voice in my head starts talking. This is a blog about letting go and I am starting with letting go of this blog and whether I have anything to share worth reading. I am willing and I am letting go of the outcome.

Since I came to Al-Anon I have had to let go of a lot of thoughts, behaviors and people that weren’t good for me anymore. Some were by choice and some with HP prying my fingers away one by. In this blog I will share parts of my story of how the steps of Al-Anon have transformed me and my life forever. Some of what I share will be from conference approved (sanctioned officially by Al-Anon) literature and some will be from other literature sanctioned by me. Take what you like and leave the rest. I will of course share my own experience, strength and hope. It is my intention that this blog will keep me focused on the program and let others know that through the steps there is hope for those living with the effects of alcoholism.

No comments:

Post a Comment