Sunday, October 17, 2010

In the water

My day on the water was spectacular. I have never been in a kayak, once a long time ago I did go on a canoe trip. My ex got sea sick in boats so it wasn't something we did. The weather was amazing and the conversation interesting. It was strange to talk for three hours without actually seeing someone and not be on the phone.

It has taken me a long time to get in a small boat, I have been on some bigger boats but not any that I was the motor. I actually love the water and live on a little inlet. I think this is why I love Syd's blog so much and envy his stories of sailing. As a child I had the opportunity to sail once a summer and have some great memories. As an adult once when I was in my 20's my husbands friend from work had a sail boat and took me out for a few hours and I can still remember every detail of that day.

I am tired and my arms are weak but I kept up and did my share of paddling. I felt a little sick from too much sun and had headache by time I got home. I took some aspirin and I decided to soak in the tub to help my arms, but as usual I don't have the patience so I am writing instead.

I am grateful to do something different today and something that has been on my list for awhile. Being outside and doing something physical is a spiritual experience for me and makes me feel more a part of the bigger plan, what ever that is.

No comments:

Post a Comment