Sunday, May 5, 2019

Not change a thing - Holding on

I didn't sleep well last night with radiating pain all over my body.  This happens from time to time so I just try to get up and walk it off in the night.  It feels a little like the flu and is gone by morning.  I feel kind strange today a little gloomy me and the weather.  This morning I have been out in the yard admiring the fruits of my labor over the past few weekends.

It looks great and only needs time and a little mulch to be finished.  Patience is required for gardening especially when you are waiting for perennials to come back from last year.  This is hit or miss in our part of the country.  I think it gets too hot or maybe not cold enough some winters to alert the plants to come back.  My neighbor ask me if I was planning on planting flowers this year.  I guess she couldn't see that I am finished.

Things are changing at work and this has added to my lack of enthusiasm for life in general.  A teammate left and moved to the other side of the country.  A young person with the enthusiasm of someone that has not encountered a lot of disappointments.  That is not really true just a personality that seems to just move on quickly to the next thing. 

I am not built that way but I am working on it.  If life is good I want to hold on to things the way they are not change anything hoping that I can sustain the happiness that I have found.  Life doesn't ever work that way it goes in and out in waves and sometimes you are on the shore and sometimes in the water.  I like to be near the water but never learned to swim so I prefer the shore. When I feel like I am sinking I can start panicking or just float until a wave takes me back to shore.

I watched the Netflix special Knock Down the House.  The story of Alexandria Ocasio Cortez and her long shot win over the democrat incumbent.  This is what it will take to change the business as usual in our country.  The enthusiasm and youth that we all had at one time to make a difference.  The country is corporate owned and operated.  It makes us feel really helpless to change things.

This is a weird post but just where I am today.  Mostly regrouping after a 6 day work week and feeling less than inspired. 

No comments:

Post a Comment