Sunday, September 22, 2019

Meditation - Bill Gates - Thinking

I am not sure I have anything to say today.  The week was an emotional one especially since I didn't rest much last weekend.  Today I worked in the yard and pulled what seemed like a million weeds. It is still pretty hot here but the breeze was nice. I really like the physical part of yard work since most everything in my life is mostly mental.  I have been having problems with my eyes and having to go to bed early just to rest them.

I watched the new Bill Gates series on Netflix last night. The work he and Melinda"s foundation is doing is incredible. He seems like a nice person and in one interview he admitted to his arrogance in the early years.  I thought if anyone should be arrogant it should be him he changed our world in ways that we will never fully appreciate.

Not a surprise but he is a constant reader and carries a huge canvas bag full of books wherever he goes.  He also since the 90's has taken think weeks.  This is where he takes his books and goes to a super tiny house overlooking the water and thinks. Organizes his notes from all the reading and comes out with a plan.

I really like that idea and feel we don't appreciate the value of just gathering our thoughts.  I feel guilty for not have a plan every day or if I am not accomplishing something. Like today I am tired but resting doesn't really seem to be what I need. I need to recharge but I am not sure how.  This series is really worth watching.  In the end I am sure a man like Bill will feel he didn't do enough which is sad.

I think the closest we can get to the think week would be daily meditation.  Just sitting being comfortable doing nothing watching our thoughts go by without reacting. I think I will try that now.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for your posts. I always come away from your thoughts with something to think deeply about. Also, as it's my birthday month too, I look forward to your annual reflections about it.

    ReplyDelete