Friday, April 24, 2015

Spiders - Just for today

I was sitting on my porch this morning when a noticed a small ghost like spider on his web blowing in the breeze. I wondered what it would be like to be something other than a thinker. The spider probably just sits there all day until something happens that makes him move.

Maybe a nice juicy gnat comes by for lunch or maybe I clean the porch and he has to relocate quickly. That is not likely to happen until maybe Sunday so he doesn't have to worry about that. Of course he isn't human so he worried about anything.

What would it be like to just be a part of nature accepting our circumstances as they come? Knowing that "what is" is just that without all the dreaming and scheming we do.

Some of us do try to get back to that state through prayer and meditation. If we are lucky we get little glimpses of what it might feel like to just be a part of a bigger plan.

It is fleeting a best and all the thoughts we have gathered throughout our lives start popping up. These thoughts are proof that we are special and one step above the rest of the creatures.

I guess my question is are we really? Are we better off with all our knowing than what we see in nature? It is a question that will never really be answered and the fact that I am asking it proves that I am separate.

I know that nature is often violent like we are but some how it seems less personal. Just like when I clean the porch this weekend it won't be personal when I get rid of that spider.

Anyway just for today I am going to be that spider just enjoying what is and not resisting what comes my way. I am headed of the work so we shall see. Wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment