Sunday, November 4, 2018

Peace - Hope - God

I am feeling a lot of peace right now.  I am trying not to over think it or dread future problems that aren't any of my business right now.  Where I work I have over heard some rumblings of "what if we lose?"  It always feels like us against them I have family and friends on both sides and I know they both have good intentions.

Last Sunday I watched couple of TV preachers and they both had underlying messages in the opposite direction.  You would have to read hard between the lines to get the gist of what they were saying.  In one "Jesus protected the meek" the other "What is right isn't always the way of the world."

These aren't real quotes just my own interpretation. I am on the side of the meek really and I don't think people that are not like me or that I don't understand are something to fear.  The problem is that I have a hard time understanding those that seem like they only care about themselves.  My point being that I am not all inclusive either. I don't include those that think God is only on there side.

I get where the beliefs come from and it does seem that world is becoming a darker place. I know it is hard for us to find something to believe in and have hope. I like the message of hope.  If people are lonely or addicted and feel like they are on there own where can they go? A positive message even from a TV evangelist can spark hope in someone that feels alone.

I don't believe that we were all given the same opportunity to have the life we want.  I had parents that loved me and said to me that "Jesus loved me and would be there for me."  The fact that they told me this showed that they loved me and they wanted me to not be afraid. This was a positive foundation that I built on my whole life even though my own family abandoned me.

I can't imagined what it would be like if I didn't have that foundation. I have been through some tough times emotionally and have moved back and forth in my spiritual beliefs but you can't ever really get past your foundation. If your lucky like me and it was positive then you can build on it.  If you lived where you were a burden and the people that were suppose to love didn't act like it then you are starting with less than nothing.

In this volitile time I think only messages of love are needed.  Once people can stop hating themselves or living in fear of people they don't understand they can listen to their heart (if they have one) and will make changes. The people at work who are scared or scarred both have some people terrible childhood storys where they were taught eat or be eaten.

We are all in pain and are looking for comfort and trying to protect ourselves from change. Believing that our God is all powerful and only on our side calms our fears and helps up to have the courage to get up each morning. It is just human nature to do anything to avoid that fear we have that something bad is going to happen and pointing fingers at people that are different than ourselves. 


1 comment: