Monday, September 24, 2012

I heading out tomorrow to Salt Lake City to visit a friend for the week.  It was a birthday present to myself and I am really looking forward to it. I have been told that it is a beautiful time of year to visit.

I found out recently that my lack of interest in the whole planning and packing for trips is unusual. One of my friends told me that she plans months in advance for a big trip and weeks for a small trip. My entire method consist of washing my favorite clothes the night before and then putting them in suitcase.

With this particular trip I am not sure whether I will be cold or not. We will be doing a lot of hiking but I am thinking that my blood is thin and I will might be cold. I had plunder my drawers for some winter like clothes since we won't need them here for another couple of months.

Today was oddly quiet and uneventful. I feel as if something is coming, something that is going to change everything for me. It could just be the time of year but something feels different. I feel pretty motivated to get things accomplished and I have been mulling over what to do with my life. I don't feel settled right now so who knows what I might stir up.

I got some news this weekend that made start thinking too much. Tonight I decided to listen to some inspirational recording while I packed that really helped me to turn things over to a power greater than myself. Whew what a relief that I am not in charge.

I decided that I will give my mind off this week. I will use this time to meditate and relax in the outdoors. My friend is pretty no nonsense and has spent her life not getting trapped by this worlds burdens. Of course I think working hard not to be trapped is still being trapped.

I just want to be comfortable being and accepting things as they come without judgement. Without feeling like I should be doing something different than I am.  Truthfully I am not even sure that it is possible for me. I think too much.

So my bag is packed, I have cleaned the house and prepared to venture out to Mormon country. I heard it is really clean out there.

I won't be taking my computer and probably will avoid electronics. My friend does have a computer but doesn't have a TV so I will mostly be unplugged.  Have a great week unless you have other plans.

No comments:

Post a Comment