Thursday, February 25, 2010

Peace-Step Three


Made a decision to turn our will and our lives over to the care of God as we understood him.

Making a decision to turn my will over is a daily act for me. When fear takes over and sabotages any thoughts of positive outcomes I have to reel myself back in and realize I am not in charge. This comes as a daily shock for my ego. It is only after we wrestle to the ground that my spirit emerges victorious. Sometimes my ego wins when I can’t get past the long list of reasons why things will never work out.

As humans we are a sum total of every word and action we have experienced our whole life. What we choose to continue to believe is the stuff we have reinforced with our own inner voice. What we have repeated over and over until it is our truth. I have come to realize lately that I have a choice to interrupt this recording in my head and believe that the possibilities are limitless. Trusting in a power greater than myself I can move past the fear and know that everything will work out.

No comments:

Post a Comment