Tuesday, February 16, 2010

The Perfect Day


I was off yesterday not because of the holiday but because Monday is my day off. A friend suggested that we go out to my favorite spot on the planet. It never ceases to amaze me how no matter where I am emotionally I always feel better when I am there. The day started out warm and beautiful and then in the late afternoon began to cloud over and sprinkles on us. It didn’t matter we had finished walking and were headed back to the car.

We found four perfectly formed sand dollars among all the battered and broken shells. I have been collecting over the past couple of years during this part of my journey. They represent a promise of peace for me. I have spent many hours in this place and was glad to be there without so much pain in my heart. Everything passes eventually even when you don’t believe that it ever will.

We finished the day at a restaurant that we found with fish tacos and fresh guacamole and I couldn’t think of any place else I would rather be

No comments:

Post a Comment