Monday, May 31, 2010

Anxiety and uncertainty



I woke up with fear and anxiety today about the future. I have been reading a book on happiness and the one suggestion was “Wait until the end of the story” that statement has a lot to say. Things are uncertain every day but sometimes it seems even more uncertain so the difference is really in my out look. Nothing is really different today than yesterday. I am in the office today because I am in retail and maybe someone will be out shopping so maybe being here puts the future right out where I can focus on it.

We don’t have any way of knowing what will happen tomorrow or 5 minutes from now. Living in the present is our only option and trusting our higher power to provide for the future does require a leap of faith. That isn’t really true worrying doesn’t change what will happen in the future it just ruins what is going on now.

So can I wait until the end of the story before I decide to panic? Can I live in Step Three- Came to believe a power greater than ourselves could restore us to sanity.

No comments:

Post a Comment