Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Step Two


Step Two- Came to believe a power greater than myself can restore me to sanity.

With the present spiritual correction of our country there is more uncertainty than ever. Things are getting better and people are starting to come out from under their rocks and moving about. I am in sales and the uncertainty of this time is always close at hand for me and my partners.

Yesterday I was off and got a call from someone I work with who was in a panic over the future of our business. I was already physically tired and joined in on the fear and spent the afternoon thinking about what should be done. I finally was able to reach someone in the program and they were able to get me back on track and realize I had no power over what others were doing and that it was my decision to buy into the fear. She was right.

I had an afternoon appointment with the person that was the center of the issue and I was able to look at the situation from a spiritual place and not try to do anything about it. It will work out with or without me doing anything.

In this case a power greater than myself was my friend. Working the program doesn’t mean you are always happy but it does mean you don’t spend as much time being unhappy as you use to and that is progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment