Saturday, August 28, 2010

Everything Changes In A Moment

Life can change in a moment and an ordinary day can change your life forever. People die, people leave, people say words that in that moment change everything and nothing can be done to undo what has been said. First you dig in try to hold on live in denial but the damage has been done. The moment has passed and nothing will ever be the same and what you do next makes little difference. Getting through the pain is all that you can focus on and nothing else matters.

While watching my favorite part of Forrest Gump tonight, the part where he is devastated by Jenny leaving and he starts running, I could always relate to wanting to run and keep running. He runs for 3 years, 2 months, 14 days and 16 hours. I can now relate to the part where he just stops and says he is tired and wants to go home.

I have been running for 2 years, 9 months and 3 days and now I have stopped. I am tired and ready to go home. It's not where I thought I would be it is a different home but is my home. I haven't been comfortable in my own skin for a long time and thought I would never feel like myself again but suddenly I feel good again. I have recently discovered when you stop running nothing really scary happens.

So if you have a devastating moment and your life changes forever it doesn't really matter what you do and if you decide to run at some point you'll be ready to come home.

No comments:

Post a Comment