Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Tenacious - Not readily letting go


Definition of Tenacious - Character defect or asset?

te·na·cious/təˈnāSHəs/Adjective

1. Not readily letting go of, giving up, or separated from an object that one holds, a position, or a principle: "a tenacious grip".

2. Not easily dispelled or discouraged; persisting in existence or in a course of action: "a tenacious legend".

I am tenacious. It is usually in the manner of the first definition that gets me in trouble and the manner of the second that makes things happen in my life.

If I do the first and then move on to the second I am home free. This is where the perils lie when I am looking at the second when I am still clearly stuck in the first.

A lot is happening and nothing is happening at work. Doors keep closing and I am seeing the future from a higher view these days. I am ready to move on from a place of longing for the past. It served me well because it brought me to where I am today but it is the past nevertheless.

I am writing in riddles today because I feel like for the first time I don't need to be the glue that holds things together and I can let go. The need to make something work that from my new found vantage point is clearly broken. The players on the team are not team players and my time here is just about over.

So what is next? I don't know but I do know that I have moved on from feeling responsible for the business. I feel lighter and happier for the moment and this is what I needed today.

1 comment:

  1. It is good to not take on the responsibility of others. It does lift burdens considerably.

    ReplyDelete