Tuesday, February 21, 2012


I woke up to the sound of chain saws this morning. We have had a lot wind here and some of the older trees are losing their limbs. This is perilous to the trees because it strikes fear into their homeowners and inevitably someone decides they need to get rid of their trees.

It was a big one and seeing it lying by the road made me a little teary. I am a sad tree hugging liberal. Silly I know, crying for a tree, but that is who I am.

Maybe this love of trees is from the indoctrination of the 70's conservation movement. Us kids did our part to save the environment only to have it all go by the wayside in the 80s and 90s. I am glad so see we have come full circle again.

I remember the sad Indian Chief standing on a litter filled beach. Just the right marketing to make me a lifetime tree hugger.

3 comments:

  1. I am sorry dear one. I do remember that commercial with the littering and the Indian. Blessings to you dear.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hate to see trees cut down too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am a tree hugger as well. And I hate to see trees cut down. People seem to have an urge to destroy the beautiful.

    ReplyDelete