Friday, February 24, 2012

Taking care of myself - Changing of the guard

I am happy to report with the changing of the guard here at work business has been brisk. I have had people just show up ready to purchase. It is very encouraging to say the least.

I had an opportunity to go to a kirtan tonight. It is a couple hours away at the ashram I visited around new years. It sounded it great with a lot of chanting an music but a little far and I would get back really late tonight so I opted out.

I have to work tomorrow and have a few people coming in to see me and an appointment after work. As an introvert being with people drains me and it has been non-stop all week and again tomorrow. I have been going home every night and crawling into bed.

I use to say to myself, what is wrong with you? You are such a party pooper. I didn't know that 50% of the population are introverts and that when we interact with people we have to have down time to recuperate.

I also have volunteered my home for a birthday party for a friend on Sunday. This is the other reason I decided a late night tonight might not be such a good idea.

I have learned to take care of myself and not to overbook. Say my energy for the things that are the most important to me.

3 comments:

  1. I am an introvert too and if I do not get my down time I get EXHAUSTED!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I understand as I am an introvert too. I definitely need time to myself. Glad that you are taking care of you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think we introverts are a minority. Maybe more like 25%. I love it when someone says, "I used to be an introvert." Uh-huh. That person has just found a way to interact one on one, effectively. Betcha they still need alone time or companionable silence in order to recharge...

    ReplyDelete