Sunday, February 19, 2012

Pedal to the Metal


It is warm and windy here in the south. It doesn't even seem possible that it is February. I called friend and we went for a walk in the woods. I felt a tremendous amount of joy today unlike anything I have felt in a long time.

It feels so strange to be happy. I was actually skipping down the trail. I felt the way I did when I was a kid and had the summers off with little or no supervision.

I think I am closer to being that child of eight now than I have ever been since then. I don't worry too much about anything and I am impatient to get on with the next adventure. I have practiced being still until I am just sick of it. Lets just do something.

I know what you are thinking, what about your recent meltdown over the job situation. It is true I was tired of feeling like my life is hold. I wanted God to just tell me which way to go and with the owner dragging his feet I thought maybe it was a sign that I should move on.

He did sign. I am a co-owner of a business I have been running for the past year. It was anti-climatic after the stress of last weekend. The day he signed he hadn't even read it he was just stalling because he everyone was telling him to think about it.

What a difference a week makes the day he signed I was over it. I have been having the urge to just break free and start running as fast as I could. Do I really want to do this? Can I really make a living doing this?

When I spent the time a month ago writing my resume it made me realize what I have accomplished in my life so far. It really put thinks into perspective for me. I realized that if I could do all those things I am capable of making this business work, if anyone can.

My spiritual journey has made me realize that not many things in life are really that important. I don't just want a job anymore I want to do something that is fun and interesting. I guess because I am older I feel like my time is more important than the money. If I can pay my bills and do something that keeps me interested then I am in. Only time will tell.

It was a long week and I feel like I can finally move forward both in my work and personally. I am going to enjoy this pause before I put the pedal to the metal and get the business moving forward. I am finally officially behind the wheel.

2 comments:

  1. Glad you are feeling better about things, looking forward to hearing how it all unfolds...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds good to me. And being a kid again is a great thing.

    ReplyDelete