Saturday, September 11, 2010

Finding Peace

These are strange times, some say worse than ever. I am not sure I believe that it is worse than it has ever been. I think that with the media we get minute by minute details that past generations weren't bombarded with.

I try to stay away from the negative spewing provided by the media and don't really believe that listening to it provides a path to peace. Sometimes it can unearth the truth about us and our prejudices as in the case of Katrina. It also can bring us together as in the case of 9/11.

Today makes me think about the sacrifices made by a few to support the many. I have experienced loss and know the effects can be far reaching. I can't imagine how those affected personally by 9/11 must feel today or the families of the soldiers lost in the war it started. I can only relate it to my own experience with loss and grief and the pain that I thought would never end.

The pain does eventually end but you never get over the loss completely, everyone around you goes on with their lives and you are left with the emptiness a one wish to feel normal again.

I am finding peace in my own life today and pray that those struggling will find peace for themselves.

1 comment:

  1. I am sorry for your lose, and for the country's loss on and since 9/11. I am grateful for the peace in my life today also. Peace, my friend.

    ReplyDelete