Thursday, September 16, 2010

The Forest For The Trees



I a taking a break from my day here at work to do a little writing. Writing calms my nerves and I have felt really scattered today with everyone in the office. We work independently but when we are all here somehow decisions we would make on our own are brought up for discussion.

It is good to get feed back but it is a real time sucker and it breaks my concentration. My job requires a lot of focus in the beginning and if I make a mistake I won't know until the project starts months from now. So I usually wait until I am focused to tackle the big stuff but lately it seem that that time never comes and the days are slipping by and this makes me anxious.

What I have learned over the years is to is to trust myself I wouldn't put something off if somewhere in the back of my mind I thought I could. Even when I was at my lowest the customer never suffered and I never missed a deadline. So I have to trust the process and my higher power that the pieces will fall together and even if they don't it will be OK.

Tonight is the dinner with my ex-boss, I am feeling calm and I am looking forward to seeing her an her husband. So even if my day is full of trees I can sit back and imagine the forest and start again tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment