Friday, September 24, 2010

Moon Shot - Finding Peace



I was sitting in my car last night at the beach eating a hot fudge sundae. It was windy but peaceful. I always feel compelled to take a picture of the full moon and it always looks like a black piece of paper with a hole in it.

I spent the evening expanding my spiritual horizons and it seemed appropriate to go down to the water and commune with nature. I was not alone in that thought a lot and it was pretty busy for a late night at the beach.

After the sundae I got out of my car and stood in the wind. Something significant has changed inside of me and I feel a new kind of peace. The struggle to understand the journey I am on and to what I should do next has been replaced by acceptance. I have done everything in my power to get here quicker but nothing worked, so giving up and letting go was all I had left. Suddenly it has all come together and I found exactly what I have been longing for, peace.

1 comment:

  1. This is such a sweet blog. Thank you for sharing it. Acceptance for me is where peace lives too, I just need to stop trying to force it.

    ReplyDelete