Wednesday, January 2, 2013

I hate green beans - Resolution

thenaturallivingsite.com
I did some cleaning over the break and I think I am finally ready to admit something. I hate green beans. I cleaned out the refrigerator and the evidence was obvious I had three different containers of green beans basically untouched.

I actually made two out of the three containers and one was a parting gift from someones house. I accepted knowing full well I would just add it to the already  building collection I had in my frig.

As a foodie I pride myself on liking most every kind of food and I guess I just couldn't admit to myself that there is a food I don't really like. I have cooked green beans in many tasty ways and still I don't like them.

So there it is, I admit it, there is one food I don't like. Green beans.

Silly I know but this proves to me once again that we do things out of habit even if we don't want to or don't enjoy it anymore. You can't have a holiday in the south without green beans. Can you?

My resolution this year is to look closely at what I need and want in my life and to let go of what isn't working for me anymore.

Happy New Year!

1 comment:

  1. Grace, what about the green bean mushroom and onion casserole? That is a favorite of mine. Also, beans are good in soup. Anyway, Happy New Year to you.

    ReplyDelete