Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Getting Bumped - pay backs

Last night on my way home from work I was tired and little distracted. I stopped a light and suddenly I got bumped it wasn't a hard bump, but enough. I looked behind me and a the driver behind me was actually missing. I could see some part of him doing something but clearly not focused on the fact that he bumped me.

The light turned green and I thought, what should I do? It isn't always safe, to jump out and confront someone, so I pulled off and as he passed wrote down the license plate number. When I got out and looked at the bumper it looked not perfect but not like it had been bumped.

I am a different person than when I started this spiritual journey. I probably wouldn't have ever jumped out or maybe I shouldn't say ever. It would have ruined my day though and my self-righteousness would have over flowed. It did bring back a memory of my own bumping past.

When I was in my 20's I had a Tercel and it had giant black bumpers I was a young whipper snapper and always in a hurry when leaving my complex. On more than one occassion I would look and see the car in front of me move forward and thinking they went I would pull out. You guessed it wham, I never did any damage, but I always got an ear full.

Stuff happens when your young and distracted and thinking of all the things life has to offer. When, where you are going is more exciting than the car you are driving. It brought back a funny memory of being once young and reckless. So I guess it was a little pay back for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment